On May 26th, we get to celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day! Blueberries are awesome for so many reasons…here are just a few (besides the obvious one…cheesecake)! Let’s discuss the benefits of blueberries and also look at some delicious recipes for cheesecake.
Don’t Forget the Blueberries Because It’s National Blueberry Cheesecake Day
First things first…let’s talk about the health benefits that you might enjoy thanks to some delicious blueberries!
- Blueberries are low in calories but high in nutrients. They have tons of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese.
- Blueberries have the highest levels of antioxidants of all common fruits. Antioxidants are what protect us against free radicals in our bodies, free radicals lead to aging and diseases.
- Another important function of antioxidants is that they aid in brain function. Blueberries have been known to slow cognitive decline in older women, boost bone and skin healthy, and they can even help protect against cancer! These are powerful little berries!
- If you have inflammatory conditions like muscle pain, stiffness, asthma, and others, antioxidants like those found in blueberries can help sooth inflammation.
- Antioxidants found in blueberries support your immune system to help you stay healthy and strong.
- LDL is the ‘bad’ cholesterol and blueberries are linked to a reduction in LDL levels which can reduce your risk of heart disease.
- Blueberries can help support a healthy urinary tract and fight off infections.
- Fiber content in blueberries can also aid in digestion!
These are only some of the great benefits that blueberries provide to us! How amazing is it that one little berry can be doing so much hard work inside our bodies?!
Wondering where you can learn more (and where I learned) about the health benefits of blueberries?
Hey that’s great! Sources are important to us all! Here’s some great sites for info about health benefits of blueberries. This is where I learned a lot about the nutrients, antioxidants, and powerful benefits of eating fresh blueberries!
Let’s get baking!
There’s nothing better than an actual cheesecake to celebrate National Blueberry Cheesecake Day, right? Lucky for you I have some amazingly delicious options for you to try out right here! All of these tasty blueberry cheesecake desserts would make an excellent addition to your celebration.
Cheesecake is a classic. It’s so delicious and always a crowd pleaser. You might be interested to know that they’re easier to make at home then you might have thought. This blueberry cheesecake is perfect for celebrating National Blueberry Cheesecake Day and you can make it at home without much fuss!
Anyone out there love their Instant Pot as much as I do?! If so, you’ll want to give this pressure cooker blueberry cheesecake a try. There’s just something amazing about desserts coming out of the Instant Pot. I never cease to be amazed at how much it can do in the kitchen, quickly and easily replacing so many appliances. If I could teach mine to talk it would be my best friend!
I love any recipe that includes a swirl. You don’t have to go to the bakery and spend a small fortune in order to get yourself a gorgeous blueberry swirl cheesecake for National Blueberry Cheesecake Day, you can make one at home. It’s got ‘easy’ right there in the title so there’s nothing to be afraid of!